? Where is the Gen1 Taco traffic at ?

by Anonymous
"My 1998 Tacoma has over 400,000 miles and still runs great. I have no complaints! I currently own three of these first-generation Tacomas and love them. I do my own maintenance on these vehicles and for the most part they are pretty easy to work on. If you take care of them, theyll just keep running. I would never purchase any other vehicle with over 200K miles and be willing to pay $10K or more for it. I would only do this on these first-generation Tacomas. You will get your money out of it. The V6 3.4 L engine in these trucks are awesome!"
Show less
Nov 07, 2022

Last edited:
390k miles on this AZ rig

kimg0068-jpg.5291999

BaT
Indiana played
19k$ currently

Sketch??

1996_toyota_tacoma_1996-Toyota-Tacoma-For-Sale-223-94402.jpg

recently sold
25k$

Finally saw two gen1 tacos on the road into Michigan, but it took over 700 miles of wheelin'hard to spot them north of Ludington
So lonely on the roads not seeing many gen1 but everybody seems to like bigger trucks in Michigan because I only saw one Dakota and a couple of old rangers

Those Dakotas are as scarce as a gen1 tacoma. They had some serious frame rot issues that put them in the boneyard. Dodge basically told the owners to go pound sand on these rotted out frames.

I just thought it was the Dakota broke down all the time and couldn't get parts to fix it?!

Spotted an old tundra v8 on i75 northern Michigan LP today

Wheeled another few hundert miles in Michigan to the other great lake and back and didn't recall seeing one gen1 taco
Saw gen2 and gen3 and some T4Rs. And a bunch a rotty roasted Detroit! Trucks!! The big ones

Surprised you even saw a tundra in Michigan. When I trailered my bikes with my toyota to do enduros out there back in the day, I was lucky to escape that state intact. Was told at a gas stop, much of the people resent others that have trucks like Toyotas. I guess that was when the domestic auto industry took a big ****ter there, with many loosing their jobs, and their homes.

Surprised you even saw a tundra in Michigan. When I trailered my bikes with my toyota to do enduros out there back in the day, I was lucky to escape that state intact. Was told at a gas stop, much of the people resent others that have trucks like Toyotas. I guess that was when the domestic auto industry took a big ****ter there, with many loosing their jobs, and their homes.
Detroit will always make the big brazen trucks that will haul and pull the heavy sh!t

Wheeled it down the Huron lakeshore in east Michigan and halfway into Ohio
not a single gen1 taco spotted in that 600 miles :( nor any gen3 T4R, not even in the center of Columbus
saw some crusty looking RAV4s

Wheeled it down the Huron lakeshore in east Michigan and halfway into Ohio
not a single gen1 taco spotted in that 600 miles :( nor any gen3 T4R, not even in the center of Columbus
saw some crusty looking RAV4s
My brother had a year old mint 97 rave4 till some drunken a-hole without a license, and insurance driving a dodge ram 1500 hit him nearly head on. He was lucky to get only some cuts on his arms. His rave4 was totaled. My brother tried suing the guy for all the expenses he had, but was only able to get a fraction of it back. After it was over our state had some new insurance laws passed.

I may have spotted a gen3 T4R in the dark at roosters parking lot last night

Oh my, I finally spotted a gen1
A red preRunner sitting in a parking lot in West Virginia whilst I was circle back looking for the dunkinD spot

I am a bit disappointed in the gen1 taco sightings in north Florida
...thot there would be more! Many more...
Just been a few here and there
More gen2 and gen3

Last edited:
Well I finally saw one here at the home cheapo. Lots of gen2 and 3's. Come to think of it, I haven't seen a gen1 tundra in awhile.

Gen1s are hard to spot.

They're out running on highways collecting miles..................

Back