front brakes + rotors on gen2...

i would have to invest in c-clamp, ...don't have one readily available!

U can use a c- clamp to squish the piston too.
or a big pair of channel locks or a c-clamp....... really don't need a $$$ tool.

If you must have the special tool, check with the local auto supply stores. They may have a rental available.

there is a parking brake in the rear disc brakes that i am reading is a PITA or is it not? and all hype

Not on any taco i've seen ...they all have rear drums, which imo are more of a pita to service than disc brakes.

My brother's car might have rear disc brakes and swears the dealer did a hackjob on them
And would like me to take a look since he found out I am getting much better at turning wrenches o_O and I would never rip him up the arse sideways to help out a brother in need

If you don't know what you are doing on brakes, then I suggest you leave the work alone. Take it to a shop.

Brakes are not a place to screw up. Especially on a relative's car. The consequences could be very high.

There is something to be said with the phrase the blind leading the blind. It would help greatly if you had a friend thats far more knowledgable to supervise, or mentor you.

That would be rather nice
It sure is. When I started out as a young squid on a dirt bike, the local yamaha dealers head shop mechanic took me under his wing seeing I had some natural talent to ride a dirt bike well. I learned how to take care of everything on the bike, including rebuilding the engine. We won a lot of class races together. This later translated into building a drag car, and on from there.

so 80k miles is about the expectancy of the rotors on these gen2 tacos?

would more wear be shown on the rotors/pads from stop and go red light to red light city wheelin'
or
hard quick braking it on the freeway from 85mph down to 55mph and lower

It all adds up to worn brake components. Some like to ride their brake pedal all the time, then wonder why they need new pads 20k miles later. Heck another good way to prematurely wear your brakes, and rotors out, is to pull a heavy trailer that has no brakes, where you're always using your trucks brakes for stopping.
By the way, you drive a truck. You wheel a wheelbarrow. Last I knew your truck isn't a wheelbarrow.

i consider the broken rotted abhorrently maintained roadways around here to be rather nasties
and wheel upon them nasties :confused:

they did do a rather nice job of replacing a bridge over the main railroad through town that i wheeled over the other day after it took them nearly a year to finish... the whole road was closed and a deTour in place

Back