How has ownership of your truck been so far?

Make sure to only spend BAD coin on the truck. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

So, what is the difference between good and bad coin???
Hey, if jay were to buy a new truck, he'd missing out on all the fun he's having now. Be it far from me to deprive one of having fun.

New trucks too big!
I am not big enough to reach over the side rail and reach the middle on a gen2
Did they make the gen3 easier to reach in back over side rail for shorter than the norm

Idk, never tried it, but I need a small step ladder when I treat the center of the tonneau cover on my truck otherwise I can't reach over far enough to do the middle of the cover. The truck is about as long as my gen1 tundra, but not quite as wide. It weighs about the same too. It is a mid size truck with more power than my 4.7 v8 tundra.

I hop into my gen1 and don't hit my head
I hop into relatives gen2 and ALWAYS hit my head on the roof trim. It sucks

Hey, if jay were to buy a new truck, he'd missing out on all the fun he's having now. Be it far from me to deprive one of having fun.
Not too long ago, he wanted my truck.

But I know he wouldn't be happy with it because everything works and is in good nick.

I declined his request.

I hop into my gen1 and don't hit my head
I hop into relatives gen2 and ALWAYS hit my head on the roof trim. It sucks
That's weird unless you're taller than I am. I'm 5'9'', I've never hit my head entering my truck.
Not too long ago, he wanted my truck.

But I know he wouldn't be happy with it because everything works and is in good nick.

I declined his request.
Well he'd really hate my truck. There's absolutely nothing that needs attention. The truck looks and performs flawless.

For some reason the seat in the gen2 single cab either sits higher or the upper door trim whatever is lower or a combo of the two
It's a very tight squeeze

That's weird unless you're taller than I am. I'm 5'9'', I've never hit my head entering my truck.

Well he'd really hate my truck. There's absolutely nothing that needs attention. The truck looks and performs flawless.
I'm 5'9" also. Only time I hit my head is when I don't tuck a little.

I guess the best solution is to duck your head a bit.............

The only issue I noticed right off going from my tundra seating position to the gen3 tacomas was when sitting down in the tacomas power seat even after adjusted, your legs are much closer to the steering wheel. Its not a big deal, but different than what I'd ever been use to.

don't you have a tilt steering wheel?
perhaps that is the issue with me getting in and out of this Gen2, they don't have adjustable tilt steering wheel like my Gen1 does

The only issue I noticed right off going from my tundra seating position to the gen3 tacomas was when sitting down in the tacomas power seat even after adjusted, your legs are much closer to the steering wheel. Its not a big deal, but different than what I'd ever been use to.

don't you have a tilt steering wheel?
perhaps that is the issue with me getting in and out of this Gen2, they don't have adjustable tilt steering wheel like my Gen1 does
Yeah, but its tilt range is nearly non existent. The tilted steering wheel in my tundra moved 4 times more.

Yeah, but its tilt range is nearly non existent. The tilted steering wheel in my tundra moved 4 times more.
that is another thing with the Gen2, it takes EFFORT to get my knees under that wheel and into the seat! while bumping the back of my head up high
it has a lever under the column but its all the way up! i don't call that tilt wheel fwiw

One thing is for sure. My ownership of my Tacoma has been a whirlwind in the mod area. Lol. But I think I’m done for awhile

I have an '07 Access Cab, 370k miles. I had the frame replaced in '18 and have about 60k miles since.
Fluids, plugs, tires at 50k miles, oil at 5k. Then there's my 2020 Dual Cab. It sits in the garage when the
snow arrives until it's gone.

Yeah that’s on my list. Fluids and plugs. Oil just got done. Knocking on the 50 thousand mark. I’m about 500 miles away from that threshold

Back