needing a new MT clutch procedure

I am not sure how transmission can get harmed from a chirpy bearing?

Perhaps a marlin cover plate is compatible with a yota disk and flywheel, I shall have to contact the guy and find what to do

I am not sure how transmission can get harmed from a chirpy bearing?

Perhaps a marlin cover plate is compatible with a yota disk and flywheel, I shall have to contact the guy and find what to do
Its all about alignment. A failing bearing will lose alignment allowing the shaft to drift out of position. It only takes a few thousandths of an inch to begin abnormal wear hastening damage and eventually failure.

You have stated many times there is vibration that you can not track down. I suspect its in the drivetrain with the root cause being the clutch causing other parts to have problems.

Anyhow, your truck, your maintenance. Do or don't.

Was at the local shell station getting a fill-up this noon, when another gen3 taco owner pulled up in back of my truck at the pumps. We got to talking about how he couldn't give his gen2 manual away. It only had 90k miles, and change. Said he discovered in this day, and age manuals are worth a lot less when it comes time to sell, or trade. He finally traded the truck for a 2022 taco taking a beating on the trade. This time he's got an auto which has been fine so far. Told me it was funky at first, but is getting better, and better with time. I said thats the way these trucks with auto's are....they need to learn your driving habits.

Such weirdnesses be happenin whilst it's failing out

That stick got jiggy in the hand throwing into 2nd onna tight right turn

Yota shop in Sioux city said clutch is just fine
Going to change MT and transfer fluid to see if it helps any

Yeah it happens...the fork can crack where it pivots, or holds the throwout bearing, the bearing itself is most common to fail.

an all-new clutch noise was encountered today sitting at a stop sign waiting for cross-traffic :confused:
this one was a NASTY... wotn tarnation might it be IDK
jeebers it better hold out until the long trek down highWay 80 in a few and 1500(ish) taco miles

Excellent time of year for sketchy mechanical troubles on a primary ride in Northern NE or IA.

? is it the flywheel making that racket with the clutch in ready to go in 1st gear once traffic clears
bejeebers!

It could be a whole host of things.

Throw out bearing,
Diaphragm spring
Friction plates
Heat checked flywheel
Clutch fork

The problem could be in the trans. You have stated many times the gear shift is a bit wonky and finnicky when changing gears.

So, thankful I have an AT. These issues don't manifest. Just change fluid and filter every 100 k miles.

Back