the climate crisis...

Only way to travel in quebec during the winter months. Some turbo models made today have far more hp than your truck.

I've got an old new holland tractor with a 5' blower attachment for the pto. Makes childs play out of this 11'' snowstorm
Hoping my plow guy remembers to do my shops yard in t town. Frigging guy I swear he's on dope 24/7. I hate busting 3' snowbanks.

that is nice!

i would have to shovel all of that by hand
very very good honest exercise

This snow is a bit on the heavy wet side, while exercise is good, don't need that chit at my age. I still have some minor shoveling to do on my walks that my recently renovated honda snowblower can't get to.

The storm you have now rolled thru here last Wednesday night. It left 3.3 inches of heavy wet stuff. During the last few days, it has all melted off. Monday night we are expecting storm #2 in this series. Then when that clears, the bottom will fall out of the thermometer coupled with windchill.

I'm ready for Spring.

Its still undetermined what form we'll get. I expect a mix of rain, freezing rain, snow, wind. In other words...ICE & WIND.

Fortunately, the company I work for allows working from home in these situations. They even gave me a nice stipend to set up my workstation at home with a monthly kick supporting internet service. :) No reason to risk driving on dodgy roads.

a light snow fell last evening here, more like a trace amount

expected 2" to 7" on Monday but probably mostly rain mixed into snow

OMG! then they forecast more snow later in the next week

and then temperatures plunge to possibly 50 degrees below freezing :eek: next weekend
that is -18*F approximately
bitter cold for a few days
No thanks! I hate it when it's in the 40's, I cant imagine -18!

1704723172744.png

Although it will be a fast-moving system, traversing over 1,800 miles in 72 hours, it will still produce notable snowfall across more than a half a dozen states.

Widespread snowfall accumulations of at least 6 inches are expected from northern New Mexico to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.

Heavy snow and strong winds will create blizzard conditions Sunday as the storm exits Arizona and heads to the Texas and Oklahoma panhandle region Sunday night. Blizzard warnings were already hoisted in Colorado and New Mexico early Sunday morning.

Poor visibility and difficult-to-near-impossible driving conditions will set in for the Southwest on Sunday, the central and southern Plains on Monday and the Midwest on Tuesday.

Strong winds will also bring wind chill values below zero degrees for some locations in the Plains.

Snow and cold temperatures will not be the only concerns as the storm surges northeast, intensifies and expands its reach to much of the eastern half of the US into the middle of the week.

Flooding, damaging winds and even tornadoes will also be concerns.

Along the Gulf Coast, warm, moist air will fuel the threat for severe storms, including a few strong tornadoes and damaging winds.

Hasn't been all that cold this winter so far. I'm use to seeing single digits by now....negative ones. Suppose be high in the 40's with rain beginning tomorrow.

Back