? Where is the Gen1 Taco traffic at ?

Saw a couple of gen1 tacos on the far southern Florida mainland today
One was a small 5 lugger

Also spotted one yesterday in south Miami yesterday hauling watermelons lol
That trucks rear lower gate and bumper had a tonnish of rust damage. It did look to have been in a fender rear ender event and not repaired well

I wonder how many new parts went into that one.

i recall he had a new engine in the 400 thousands, bad head gasket
fuel pump
rear axle parts because the breather vent was clogged and the pressure blew out seals
two or three clutches as well

fuel pump
rear axle parts because the breather vent was clogged and the pressure blew out seals
Poor guy could have bought a newer truck with low mileage when you start adding up all the stuff he's replaced. Now he's still got an old truck worth nothing, only to him. I don't buy a truck just to see how many countless miles I can accumulate on it. I gotta have a purpose when having to travel somewhere whether to take a vacation, or a need to pick up an item I need.

NO new truck has a v6 and a single cab, not since 1997 they became obsolete a thing of past :(

if there was i would very seriously consider

i assume that truck is worth more than 10k $ to somebody even with those 700k miles

v6
supercharged
single regular cab

extremely rare and hard to find those out there used in decent shape

Last edited:
you should do some research on him, tacoJoel ... he is famous in the gen1 taco world
he plays the same game i play because we are only 10 days apart in purchase our tacos a mere 500 miles apart from each other
I think I have him Beat in only 2 or 3 comparison categories, however LOL

TacoJohn in Denver is a LEGEND :cool:
perhaps i became one as well very recently... or perhaps not LMAO

NO new truck has a v6 and a single cab, not since 1997 they became obsolete a thing of past :(

if there was i would very seriously consider

i assume that truck is worth more than 10k $ to somebody even with those 700k miles

v6
supercharged
single regular cab

extremely rare and hard to find those out there used in decent shape
Supercharged does not add any value, if anything less. As far as single cabs rare...sure, cause not many would buy one in todays market.
Maybe this guy is famous in the world of taco groupies, but to everyone else as myself....never heard of him.

some folks in those mountainous regions (particularly in the west) live for the SC

saw this on the interWebs

How many miles will a 1st gen Tacoma last?

The Toyota Tacoma is a mid-size, light-duty pickup truck.

While other midsize pickup truck models taper off at 200,000 miles, you can expect the Toyota Tacoma to last up to 300,000.Oct 21, 2022

what kinda sordid hot fresh BS is all of that there

Poor guy could have bought a newer truck with low mileage when you start adding up all the stuff he's replaced. Now he's still got an old truck worth nothing, only to him. I don't buy a truck just to see how many countless miles I can accumulate on it. I gotta have a purpose when having to travel somewhere whether to take a vacation, or a need to pick up an item I need.

fuel pump

that 'new' engine was not 'new' just a much lower mileage around 100k miles IIRC
he probably shoulda just had the head gasket replaced on his original engine, i've read its not too bad nasty item to replace if caught early

Imo from experience, anytime a vehicle hits 300k miles, it's time for a whole lot stuff to be replaced. Sure you can continue on and drive it, but you better have a good backup plan if you don't like to walk.

Last edited:
unfortunately the old Corolla is still down for maintenance :mad: rotted fuel tubes turned into a big nut&bolt project

recently got sum good new OEM parts from Japan megaZip warehouse for that car that were much less costly than dealer supplied even after shipping box from Japan believe it or believe it not
one is a part i broke and had asked yota forums several several many many times on how that connecter pops off and not one sh!t could bother to help out
80$ later i know how it is to come on off the dipstick tube

You shoulda seen whut I seen parked on Beartooth highway yesterday o_O
Paradise blue with WA plates
I had to circle back on that for another glance and some glamour shots

Back