How were you able to buy a Tacoma

The dream of a brand new Taco , I think not of .
I spend most money I make on bills
But my 2008 @ 225348 miles current
& purchased with 219390 miles for $10,000
was the best purchase ever
I'm getting high 25 mpg if not 26 overall cause I live in the country & most driving is like hwy use
compared to my Dodge 318's MPG I had previous, this Taco is paying for it self
I went from $100 per week fuel cost to $25 .
I drive it like a baby as if I had an egg under my gas peddle foot .
But once in a wile I punch it to keep it alive (it's plenty fast)
& I've had fast cars in my life ..The 2008 4.0 motor gets the job done
So are new one's better - I guess so ,
but I'm enjoying this one so much
I can honestly say
I am content .................

I have an 02 quad cab prerunner I bought new. I really was skeptical about the price because of how high sticker price was and the truck really wasn't all decked out or anything. What sold me was it didn't drive or ride like a truck, then after putting over 600,000 miles on it, as of right now, I see now why they put a big price tag on (to me) the most reliable truck on the road today

I had a 2006 with 120k, went to go look at the 2017 models and they had a 16 trd OR with a ton of upgrades and 12k on it, for a fraction of what it would cost with all the upgrades and they still considered it new. They gave me 15,5 for my trade....and I have it almost paid off.....now I'm starting to focus on a rtt and tires etc....

34,000 is probably the msrp price, dealerships always jack up the prices... this is the reason why I got mine used
I live in CA, but bought my '16 Tacoma 2X4, quicksand beige with 7800 mi on it for 32,900 and traded my 2007 X-runner in for $8K. (Unfortunately !). 4.0 had MUCH more power than the 3.7..

I bought a regular cab truck because they cost half of what the others sell for. And I am a tightwad. Don't have to make a million dollars a year if you watch your pennies. The last new truck I bought was an 88, and it was on a closeout sale. The used toyotas I priced were more. Had NO ac or radio.

Got a great trade in offer on my 2010 F150 which knocked 10 grand (Canadian) off the 48K sp on my Tacoma. That made it affordable.

Save the 10% down and lease it. Myself being a truck driver and only putting 5000 miles a year on my vehicle, its a win win, plus you truck payment will be 350$ a month and not 580$. Leasing you don't have to pay for the sales tax, first years plates, oil changes and pretty much nothing comes out of your pocket unless you go over the 12k allowed mileage every year.

20170923_095446.jpg
Got this beauty on managers special with the full tow package upgrade, all the interior upgrades, side steps etc for 34,200 with 4 miles on it. Seen it online and it was on the showroom floor, walked in the store and pointed at it and the first words was "I want that truck now" and 1 hr later I was driving it home.

Save the 10% down and lease it. Myself being a truck driver and only putting 5000 miles a year on my vehicle, its a win win, plus you truck payment will be 350$ a month and not 580$. Leasing you don't have to pay for the sales tax, first years plates, oil changes and pretty much nothing comes out of your pocket unless you go over the 12k allowed mileage every year.

I disagree with leasing. I personally think it's a horrible idea. For starters, you don't own the truck. Toyota does. And second you can't modify it, becuase Toyota still owns it. Third, you can't go on long road trips, this may include going on camping trips or etc, due to the limited amount of miles you can travel. Fourth you have to return it once the lease is over. A Toyota Tacoma is worth buying since it will pretty much last you a damn long time, if not forever, plus I like to drive some I own, without having to answer to Toyota. And oil changes aren't a big deal, you can do it yourself for like 30 bucks, so there really isn't much of a Benefit there.

Back