How were you able to buy a Tacoma

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by 858_tacoma_guy, Jun 9, 2017.

1. bchurch

bchurch Well-Known Member

I work for a living, i make payments on my 2016 tacoma. The number details will stay hidden. Only thing that matters is I can afford it, so i bought it.

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. silverT

silverT Active Member

The dream of a brand new Taco , I think not of .
    I spend most money I make on bills
    But my 2008 @ 225348 miles current
    & purchased with 219390 miles for $10,000
    was the best purchase ever
    I'm getting high 25 mpg if not 26 overall cause I live in the country & most driving is like hwy use
    compared to my Dodge 318's MPG I had previous, this Taco is paying for it self
    I went from $100 per week fuel cost to $25 .
    I drive it like a baby as if I had an egg under my gas peddle foot .
    But once in a wile I punch it to keep it alive (it's plenty fast)
    & I've had fast cars in my life ..The 2008 4.0 motor gets the job done
    So are new one's better - I guess so ,
    but I'm enjoying this one so much
    I can honestly say
    I am content .................

4. I have an 02 quad cab prerunner I bought new. I really was skeptical about the price because of how high sticker price was and the truck really wasn't all decked out or anything. What sold me was it didn't drive or ride like a truck, then after putting over 600,000 miles on it, as of right now, I see now why they put a big price tag on (to me) the most reliable truck on the road today

5. Painter77

Painter77 Member

I had a 2006 with 120k, went to go look at the 2017 models and they had a 16 trd OR with a ton of upgrades and 12k on it, for a fraction of what it would cost with all the upgrades and they still considered it new. They gave me 15,5 for my trade....and I have it almost paid off.....now I'm starting to focus on a rtt and tires etc....

scubastevecannon likes this.
  6. Lewis

Lewis New Member

I live in CA, but bought my '16 Tacoma 2X4, quicksand beige with 7800 mi on it for 32,900 and traded my 2007 X-runner in for $8K. (Unfortunately !). 4.0 had MUCH more power than the 3.7..

7. OP
    858_tacoma_guy

858_tacoma_guy Well-Known Member

3.7? I thought the 4cyl was a 2.7...?

OR17TRD likes this.
  8. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

It is and a 3.5 V6

858_tacoma_guy likes this.
  9. I bought a regular cab truck because they cost half of what the others sell for. And I am a tightwad. Don't have to make a million dollars a year if you watch your pennies. The last new truck I bought was an 88, and it was on a closeout sale. The used toyotas I priced were more. Had NO ac or radio.

Bogunn likes this.
  10. taco-tim

taco-tim Member

I'm a Network Engineer designing large networks for customers. I have always loved and wanted a Tacoma. I traded my convertible and never looked back. Absolutely love this truck!

858_tacoma_guy, Bogunn and OR17TRD like this.
  11. chili57

chili57 New Member

Got a great trade in offer on my 2010 F150 which knocked 10 grand (Canadian) off the 48K sp on my Tacoma. That made it affordable.

Bogunn likes this.
  12. nauang

nauang New Member

I pay it online

Bogunn likes this.
  13. Killowatt

Killowatt Member

I worked 40yrs, now retired, SS now makes my payment

Bogunn and Bojangles like this.
  14. Mike991GTS

Mike991GTS Well-Known Member

Wrote a check and it showed up at my door 3- weeks later!!!

15. Bought mine for $3k
    Salvage title because the whole front end was melted. Thankfully with the helping hands of my father we fixed it up, painted it, and made her the beaut she is today.

IMG_4228.jpg

Bojangles likes this.
  16. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

McFry, i demand to know where McFryyota is

LittleMissStellaMae likes this.
  17. Hahahha I'm trying to get some money flowing! Gonna have to make a go fund me account cuz I'm so short on money):

Bogunn and Bojangles like this.
  18. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

Damn

LittleMissStellaMae likes this.